DRP is a trademark owned by WSN DEVELOPPEMENT.
The present personal data protection policy (hereinafter “policy”) settles the practices and conditions under which the company WSN DEVELOPPEMENT (hereinafter “company”) processes your personal datas.
This Policy applies when your Data is collected on websites published by WSN DEVELOPPEMENT and the Comexposium Group (hereinafter the “Sites”) and in the context of your relations whatsoever with the Company.
The Comexposium Group pays particular attention to the protection of personal data. It is an essential condition of the relationship of trust that the Comexposium Group wants to establish with all those who entrust it with their personal data.
Personal Data (hereinafter “Data”) is any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person; an “identifiable natural person” is one who can be identified, directly or indirectly, in particular in reference to an identifier, such as a name, an identification number, location data, an online identifier, or to one or more factors specific to his or her physical, physiological, genetic, mental, economic, cultural or social identity; as this term is defined by the regulations in force.
1. WHAT KIND OF DATA IS COLLECTED?
Depending on the way you interact with the Company and the purpose of that interaction, the Company may collect the following Data:
- Data relating to your identity: this Data refers in particular to your surname, your first name, your email address, your postal address or your telephone number and your profile (candidate, visitor, etc.).
- Data relating to your order: this Data refers to all the information necessary for the satisfaction and completion of your order, in particular the information relating to the bank card used (name of the cardholder, card number, expiry date, etc.), the details of the order, the date of the order, and the exchanges with the commercial relations department. In any case, the Data relating to payment is processed in accordance with the regulations and security standards.
- Data relating to the connection and use of the Customer Account when you are its holder: this Data refers to all the information you need to access your personal space as well as those relating to the use of the Customer Account and in particular, your identifier and password, your choices and preferences, the history of events in which you have participated. In any case, the Customer Account is subject to specific general conditions of use.
- Browsing Data: this Data refers to the way in which the User browses the Site. This Data may include IP address, screen resolution, browser used, browsing time, search history, operating system used, language and pages viewed.
- Data relating to your participation in events: date of participation, stands visited, purchases made.
- Data relating to the use of social networks: when you interact with social network features.
2. HOW IS YOUR DATA COLLECTED?
2.1. Depending on how you interact with the Company, the Company may collect your Data in the ways described below.
2.2. The Company collects your Data directly from you when, for example, you fill in a contact or registration form, place an order or address the Company (for instance by sending an email).
2.3. The Company collects your Data indirectly when you browse the Sites using the cookies and tags in the conditions defined above. The Company also collects your Data thru third parties including social networks when you use the account you hold with these third parties to log in or register for an event.
2.4. When you provide Data to the Company, it is your responsibility to ensure that it is accurate and complete. If necessary, you must update it.
2.5. The Data presented as mandatory are necessary to manage your requests and to enable us to provide you with the requested services. The mandatory or optional nature of the Data is indicated on the forms, as well as the eventual consequences in case of failure to fill.
3. WHY IS YOUR DATA COLLECTED?
Your Data is processed automatically by the Company for the various purposes described below, both in the context of your use of the Sites and your participation in events organized by the Company or whose organization has been entrusted to it
Your Data is processed to manage the requests you make, and to contact you.
If you are a customer, on the basis of the execution of the contract concluded with the Company (pre-registration general conditions, Ticketing general conditions of sale or participation general conditions), your Data is processed to manage your participation requests and orders and to organize your participation and visits to the events we organize or whose organization has been entrusted to us.
With a concern to the continuous improvement of the events it organizes, your Data is also processed by the Company to send you post-event surveys and analyze their results.
If you are a professional client or prospect or if you have already participated in the event to which the news and commercial information relates, on the basis of its legitimate interest in promoting the events it organizes, the Company will send you, via all channels, its news and commercial information.
If you are a non-professional prospect and have not participated in one of our events, the Company may send you, through any channel, its news and marketing information if you have consented to it.
Based on your consent, the Company may also send you, through any channel, news and commercial information concerning events organized by other entities of the COMEXPOSIUM Group and/or the services of partners.
With your consent, when required, your Data may also be processed to (i) analyze your preferences and habits, (ii) personalize and optimize your experience on the COMEXPOSIUM Group’s Sites, in particular by allowing you to access certain functionalities and to develop the interactivity of the Sites, (iii) produce statistics, in particular on the effectiveness of the COMEXPOSIUM Group’s prospecting campaigns.
4. WHO YOUR DATA IS INTENDED FOR?
4.1. Your Data is processed by the Company’s internal teams. In addition, only service providers and their staff, who have been given a limited number of authorisations, are authorized to access your Data, in view of the specific services entrusted to them, which they must carry out exclusively on behalf of the Company, in strict compliance with security and confidentiality obligations.
4.2. With your consent when required, your Data may be transmitted to entities of the Group to which the Company belongs as well as to partners, so that they can send you information and news on the services and products they offer.
4.3. When required by the regulations in force, the Company may transmit your Data to authorities legally authorized to access it (in particular the judicial and administrative authorities)
5. HOW IS YOUR DATA PROTECTED?
The Company takes all necessary precautions to preserve the security and confidentiality of your Data, in particular, to prevent it from being distorted, damaged, disclosed and accessed by unauthorized third parties.
6. WHAT ARE YOUR RIGHTS?
6.1. In accordance with the applicable regulations and under the conditions defined therein, you may at any time exercise your :
- Right of access: you may ask the Company for information on the processing of your Data and for a copy of said Data.
- Right of rectification: you may request the rectification of inaccurate Data concerning you when the Data held by the Company are incorrect or incomplete.
- Right to erasure: you have the right to obtain from the Company the erasure of your Data when one of the reasons provided for by the regulations exists (Data being useless, withdrawal of your consent for processing based on it, etc.).
- Right to object: you have the right to object at any time, for reasons relating to your particular situation, the processing of your Data, including for commercial prospecting purposes.
- Right to the portability of your Data: you have the right to receive the Data in a usable format. This right only applies if the Data is provided to the Company to you, or if it results from your use of its services. This Data is processed on the basis of your consent or the performance of a contract.
- Right to limitation: you may ask the Company to suspend the processing of your Data when one of the reasons provided for by the regulations exists (challenge to the accuracy of the data, etc.).
Under the conditions defined by the regulations, you also have the right to define general or specific directives concerning the fate of your Data after your death. However, you are informed that only specific directives relating to the processing of Data implemented by the Company for the purposes defined in this Policy will be recorded by the Company subject to its specific consent.
6.2. As your Data is processed with your consent, you may revoke it at any time. However, you are informed that the processing carried out prior to this revocation will remain valid.
You are also informed that in some cases, the features of the Sites allow you to view and modify the Data you have provided to the Company. You are informed that the Company has a period of one month from the receipt of your request to respond.
The Company pays the greatest attention to your Data, nevertheless if you consider that their processing infringes your rights you have the right to lodge a complaint thru the “Commission nationale de l’informatique et des libertés (Cnil) – 3 Place de Fontenoy – TSA 80715 – 75334 PARIS CEDEX 07”
7. HOW LONG DO WE KEEP YOUR DATA?
7.1. The Company keeps your Data for no longer than what is necessary for the purposes set out in this Policy. Beyond that time, your Data may be archived to comply with any legal obligations to which the Company is subject or deleted.
7.2. Data which is used to establish proof of a right, a contract, or which is retained in order to comply with a legal obligation on the part of the Company, is archived in accordance with the laws in force.
7.3. The Company takes into consideration the seasonality of the events it organizes. For this reason, you will find below the retention periods defined according to the type of event considered.
|Type of event||Length of data retention||Persons concerned|
|Quarterly, semi-annual or annual events||5 years from the post-event survey or the last contact at the client’s initiative||All types of event participants (exhibitors, visitors, partner guests, speakers, etc.)|
|Biennial and triennial events||3 sessions from the post-event survey or the last contact on the client’s initiative||All types of event participants (exhibitors, visitors, partner guests, speakers, etc.)|
8. TRANSFER OF DATA
For the hosting and processing of your Data, the Company uses means located within the European Union. A transfer of Data to a country outside the European Union should nevertheless be envisaged, specific information will be provided by the Company.
You are informed that, during your visits of the Site, one or more Cookies may be installed on your terminal.
9.1. What is a Cookie? Within the meaning of this Policy, a Cookie refers to all forms of access and recording of information on your termina, and in particular information sent by the Sites and stored by your browser on a dedicated space on the hard disk of the said terminal.
9.2. Why and how are Cookies used?
- ensure the functioning and optimize the performance of the websites,
- adapt the websites to your preferences. For instance, the website adapts to the display preferences of your terminal, by taking into consideration the language or the display resolution.
- facilitate your browsing, in particular by avoiding having to re-enter information each time you visit the websites,
- to measure the audience of the websites and the communications that are sent to you,
- to carry out targeted advertising adapted to your hobbies,
- to develop the interactivity of the websites.
9.2.2. You are also informed that the Company allows third parties to deposit Cookies via the Sites. The Company draws your attention to the fact that these Cookies are only and solely used by these third parties.
9.3. What types of Cookies are used?
9.3.1. Technical CookiesThe purpose of Technical Cookies is to facilitate navigation on the Site, to allow and improve the functioning of the Sites and access to the various functionalities of the Sites.They also enable the implementation of security measures. For example, when possible, by asking you to log in again to the exhibitor area after a certain period of time.You are informed that if you choose to disable these technical cookies, access to the services may be impaired. In this context, the Company shall not be held liable in any way.
9.3.2. Audience Measurement Cookies: Audience Measurement Cookies allow us to measure the number of visitors on the Sites as well as the communications sent to you (content, sections, time spent, browser used, etc.). You are informed that these Audience Measurement Cookies may, if necessary, be placed on the Sites by third parties on behalf of the Company.
9.3.3. Third-party targeted advertising cookies: Third-party advertising cookies allow us to offer advertisements tailored to your interests. They are set up by the Company or by third parties either on behalf of the Company or on their own behalf.
To learn more about targeted advertising and how you can accept or decline this type of advertising, you can visit www.aboutads.info/choices or www.youronlinechoices.eu.
9.3.4. Third-party cookies linked to social network sharing buttons (Third-party social network cookies):
Third-party social network cookies enable the sharing of the Site’s content with third parties. This is, in particular, the case for “share” or “like” buttons from third parties such as Facebook or Twitter. The Company does not control these Third Party Social Network Cookies and the Data is collected through them by the companies managing these social networks.
If you do not want the companies managing the social networks to link the data collected through the Sites to the account you hold, you must first disconnect from the social network. The User is invited to consult the personal data protection policies of the companies managing the social networks concerned.
9.4. How long are Cookies kept? In accordance with the compliance of data protection, you are informed that Cookies are kept for the time strictly necessary for the purposes for which they are used and within the limits defined by the competent protection authority.
9.5. How can you manage the deposit and reading of Cookies?
9.5.1. You are informed that you can modify your browser settings related to cookies in order to disable all or parts of the cookies:
- For Internet Explorer™: open the “Tools” menu, then select “Internet Options”; click on the “Privacy” tab then the “Advanced” tab choose the desired level or follow this link: http://windows.microsoft.com/fr-FR/windows-vista/Block-or-allow-cookies
- For Firefox™: open the “Tools” menu, then select “Options”; click on the “Privacy” tab then choose the desired options or follow this link: http://support.mozilla.org/fr/kb/Activer%20et%20d%C3%A9sactiver%20les%20cookies
- For Chrome™: open the settings menu (spanner logo), then select “Options”; click on “Advanced Options” then in the “Privacy” section, click on “Content Settings”, and choose the desired options or follow this link: http://support.google.com/chrome/bin/answer.py?hl=fr&hlrm=en&answer=95647
- For Opera™: open the ‘Tools’ or ‘Settings’ menu, then select ‘Delete Private Data’; click on the ‘Detailed Options’ tab, then choose the desired options or follow this link: http://help.opera.com/Windows/10.20/fr/cookies.html
9.5.2. The main social network companies also have pages dedicated to Cookies as shown below:
- For Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/policies/cookies
- For Twitter : https://support.twitter.com/articles/20171379-twitter-prend-en-charge-la- desactivation-du-suivi-dnt#
- For Google: https://support.google.com/accounts/answer/61416?hl=fr
- For LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/legal/cookie-policy
- With regard to social networks, the User must follow the steps specific to the social network concerned to deactivate cookies.
10. MODIFICATION OF THE DATA PROTECTION POLICY
10.1. Any modification by the Company of this Policy will be updated on the Site.
10.2. The User is invited to consult this Policy regularly to take note of any updates or changes.
10.3 If any provision of this Policy is found to be invalid or unlawful, it shall be deemed to be unwritten but shall not invalidate the remaining provisions of the Policy.
Personal data: This is any information relating to a natural person who is identified or identifiable directly or indirectly, in particular by reference to an identifier, such as a name, an identification number, a telephone number, an e-mail address or an online identifier.
Processing of personal data: This refers to any operation or set of operations involving personal data.
Data controller: Your personal data is collected and processed by a legal entity, a Comexposium Group entity. This entity is known as the “data controller”, i.e. it is the body that determines the purposes and means of processing.
Commission nationale de l’informatique et libertés (CNIL): The CNIL is the French authority responsible for the protection of personal data. It assists companies in their compliance and helps individuals to control their data and exercise their rights.